Sunday, September 23, 2012

Really, What is So Funny about Peace, Love and Understanding?

Ok, all right, I've had it now!  I've been taking some serious heat, and good natured ribbing of late on my "Left Wing" views - although the fact is that I'm very "fiscally conservative", but it’s true I think that we as a species have a long way to go to become something more than the animals we came from - yes, time to jump on my soapbox, just for a minute anyway...

Ok, I’m coming up on a year now as a vegetarian, although still eating fish - those may go soon too.  "Dr. how long will you keep doing this - it’s causing inconvenience?!"  Well, the answer is quite simply, 'forever'.  I believe in what I'm doing; I am not trying to force my views on anyone else, and simply trying to lead by example.

Yes, I'm driven to actually finish a 100 miler by the fact that I have over $10 per mile to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society riding on it!  Yes I push alternative energies and even make an arguably risky job change to support such a business.  And yes, I really do think that environmental issues are important - and heck, you never know, I may eventually simply decide to move my career to teaching, simply because I genuinely like helping students.

And yes, I run trails because I have a true love for the outdoors, and being a part of nature.  I do.  I admit it.  And I offer no apologies for any of these things!

So I like this song, and I hope you listen to it.  Peace!  Now I need to get going; there are tree's to hug!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment