For me the Blog is a funny thing; one minute I'm interested, the next I'm not. Actually, the last 4 months have been incredibly busy for me, mostly working around procuring, and starting a new job. So I started to peel off things that were not really "needed" demands of my time, and the Blog went. But I admit I missed it a bit...
I saw a shirt at a recent event on the back of a runner; it said "I run so I can Blog about it"! Sometimes I wonder really the purpose of blogging at all; is it for "attention"? To practice your writing? Well, for me its a bit of a "release", so that's why the entries don't necessarily stay on one topic, any more than in my head I stay on one topic, but the long and short is I think its time to start writing a bit again. Ok, so runs? The quick "Run Down".
Actually 2011 ended a bit better then 2010 did, with no long term injury (as I had in 2010 that cost me an entire winter of running, leaving me in sorry shape for the Spring of 2011). But not this time; all is good.
1) 2011 Local 100 was plagued with rain, and for some unknown reason I quit at 100K. Actually the 100K and 100 Mile people started together, and the pretense was that you could drop to the 100K and not DNF - even pick up a metal. So I did that in the pouring rain. No excuse really, I could have kept going, but just lacked motivation (note title of my Blog; I told you!)
2) Local 50 Mile - Actually ran pretty well really, a very even pace. Not a PR, but a good day.
3) Detroit Marathon. Came out hard (7:45 or so) and at 6 miles in had a hamstring pull. I thought I was out of it, but limped, jogged, walked the remaining 20 for a rather sad finish of 4 hours, but still pulled it off. Hamstring is still there a bit, not sure what's up with that.
4) Detroit Turkey Trot 10K - Allot of fun! Total log jam, lined up way too far back, and had a horrible time, but a great time!
So I'm signed up for the Trail Slammers Mid-Slam-Grand-Something-Something-Run-Walk-Race-Something Thing. Actually this I'm hoping to be a motivator; I plan to race a lot in 2012 to train; that works well for me. Already signed up for a few marathons as training runs, but the short of it is I think I'm doomed....
1) Kettle Moraine - ran this before and dropped at 50 miles or so. Had been a blistering hot day, and then became a torrential downpour. I believe only 4 people finished the full 100 that year. My chance of finishing, 1:20.
2) Mohican's - it will be way hot, I'll shrivel up. 1:40
3) Burning River - Even hotter. 1:60
4) Hallucination - That one is pretty easy, usually cool out. 1:20
So, my overall chance of finishing this is about 1 in 4,000 I think, which really are better odds then usual!
So Jim just asked Mary "What the chances are of 'a girl like him ending up with a guy like her...'".
"So your telling me there's a chance!"